Vintage Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbls horse-radish
- 1/2 cup catsup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl combine meat, green pepper, celery, and onion.
- Add eggs, crumbs, milk, seasonings to the meat mixture. Combine gently until well mixed.
- Shape into a loaf; put into 9-1/2×5-1/4×2-3/4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° (moderate) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven & invert onto a 11x7x1-1/2 inch pan.
- Mix soup, horseradish, catsup. Pour over meat.
- Bake 30 minutes more.