Get ready for a mouthwatering dish that will have your taste buds dancing!
The result? A decadent, flavorful dish that will have you licking your lips for more. Serve it in a bowl with a generous pat of butter on top, and watch it disappear before your eyes!
- 12 tablespoons butter divided (1 ½ sticks plus more for serving)
- 2 ½ cups onion diced small
- 1 cup celery diced fine
- 1 16- ounce loaf sour dough bread one-pound loaf, about 6-7 cups after processing into crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Bell’s Seasoning or other poultry seasoning of your choice such as Savory
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup half & half
- First, heat up a skillet with butter and sauté some onions and celery until they caramelize and become tender. The aroma alone will have you drooling!
- Then, take a loaf of sourdough bread and chop it up in a food processor. Don’t worry about making it too fine – a little texture goes a long way!
- Season the bread cubes with Bell’s poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and parsley. In another pot, boil some potatoes until they’re fork-tender.
- Then, mash them up and add hot half & half for that creamy, velvety texture.
- Combine everything together, toss in the onion and butter mixture, and give it a good stir.