- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tbsp Lawry’s seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup worcestershire
- 2-3 lbs beef
- Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
- Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!