Are you ready for the ultimate roast beef recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with delight?
Get ready for the ultimate flavor explosion in your mouth!
- 4 lb chuck roast or rump roast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- First, we need to let the star of the show, the roast beef, come to room temperature on the counter for 2 hours.
- While you’re waiting, get your spice game on point with a flavorful rub made with olive oil, dry onion flakes, Italian seasonings, garlic, kosher salt, and dry mustard.
- Rub this delicious mixture all over the roast, making sure to press it in for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 375° and place the roast into a roasting pan with a rack or use a wire cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
- Now it’s time to brown the roast for about 20 minutes, which will give it a beautiful crispy exterior.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300° and cook the roast for about an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches a mouth-watering 135° to 140°.
- Once your roast is cooked to perfection, cover it with foil and let it rest for 20 minutes to allow all the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicy, tender roast beef.
- Now, it’s time to slice and serve!