- 2 1/2 cups yellow onions sliced thinly 1/8″ thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped you can add more if you’d like
- potato chips or other chips for serving
- Slice onions in half length wise and then slice to 1/8″ thickness.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium-low heat add the olive oil and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt. Stir occasionally.
- Caramelizing onions takes about 40-45 minutes.
- You want the onions to be a rich brown, soft but not mushy. Once the onions have caramelized, add 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp worcestershire, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, balsamic, black pepper, dried thyme, stir to combine and continue cooking until liquid has cooked off. Then remove from heat & set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, greek yogurt, the remaining onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce, tabasco and Worcestershire.
- Using hand beaters, cream the mixture until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Add the onions and fresh parsley to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve with potato chips!